Updated Covid 19 Guidelines to keep everyone safe
COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
Please read the following important instructions carefully about how we operate under the Traffic Light System:
Red & Orange Light O O
- We can see most routine appointments under the "Red & Orange Light". There are still some
limitations on what procedures we can carry out safely due to COVID-19 government
restrictions set by the NZ Dental Council and Ministry of Health (MOH).
IMPORTANT QUESTIONS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Please let us know if your answer is YES to any of the questions below (or complete the online
Patient Risk Assessment form by clicking on this link):
- Do you have a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Are you a probable COVID-19 case?
- Are you required to self-isolate and/or waiting for COVID-19 test results?
In the last 14 days have you:
- had close contact with someone who is a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case?
- travelled overseas (excluding travel by air from a country/area with which New Zealand
has quarantine-free travel (QTF)?
- worked on an international aircraft or shipping vessel and have been asked to self-isolate?
- exited from an MIQ facility (excluding recovered COVID-19 cases)?
- stayed in or travelled from an area with an evolving community outbreak (including
New Zealand and any other country/area with which New Zealand has QTF)
- Do you have any cold or flu symptoms?
- Do you have new or worsening symptoms of an acute respiratory infection with at least
one of the following: cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or temporary
loss of smell, with or without a fever
- Do you have less typical symptoms such as fever only, diarrhoea, headache, tummy ache,
myalgia (muscle aches and pains), nausea/vomiting, or confusion/irritability - where there
is no other likely diagnosis?
If feeling unwell, in the 14 days before the start of any cold/or flu symptoms have you:
- had direct contact with someone who has travelled overseas (excluding travel by air from
a QFT country/area). This includes border staff, quarantine and isolation facility staff, and
international aircraft and shipping vessel crew, except those who have travelled exclusively
between New Zealand and QFT destinations?
- worked on an international aircraft or shipping vessel (excluding aircraft from a QFT country/area)?
- cleaned at an international airport or maritime port in areas/conveniences visited by
international arrivals (excluding areas/conveniences for travelers by air from a QFT country/area)?
- worked in cold storage areas of facilities that receive imported chilled and frozen goods directly
from an international or maritime port?
We might have to reschedule your appointment if you have any cold or flu symptoms or answer
YES to any of the above questions
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AND DURING YOUR VISIT:
- Please BYOM:
Under RED and ORANGE we require all entering our clinic to please wear a mask at all times.
- Bring only yourself to your appointment:
Please leave your family and friends in the car. This will help reduce foot traffic and encourage physical distancing. However if the patient is a minor or vulnerable, we can permit one support person.
- Sanitise your hands & Scan the Covid tracer app:
Hand sanitiser stations are located in the waiting room area as well as at reception.
Upon arrival and departure, please sanitise your hands.
The Covid tracer app poster can be found outside the practice as well as in various locations inside.
Please scan using the official Covid-19 tracer app. There will also be other methods available to record
your visit. Please note that we will also be using our existing records to assist in the management of the
COVID-19 pandemic. This means that your details (name, contact number and time and date of your visit)
will be given to public health officials in the event that it is required for contact tracing.
- Maintain physical distancing:
Please remain 2m apart where ever possible
- Making payment after your appointment
We have Paywave available to make EFTpos payments.
We regret no cash payments can be accepted during Red and Orange Lights.
Depending on the PPE we need to prepare for you, we may look different with extra face shields, gowns
and gear on. There may be additional costs on the level of PPE needed depending on the procedure-
we are guided by the NZ Dental Council and Ministry of Health on what level of additional protection is
We hope that you will still be able to see our usual smiles (in our eyes) behind all the gear.
GREEN LIGHT O
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Please let us know if your answer is yes to any of the questions below
(or complete the online Patient Risk Assessment by clicking on this link):
- Are you probable or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Had contact with someone in the last 14 days who are probable or confirmed to have COVID-19?
- Have you travelled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Do you have any cold or flu symptoms (with or without a fever) such as:
* sore throat
* runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip
* shortness of breath
* high temperature (>38C)
* loss of smell(anosmia)
* muscle aches
Upon arrival and departure, please sanitise your hands.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located in the waiting room area as well as at reception.
Please scan using the Covid-19 tracer app. There will be other methods available to record your visit.
- Please note that we will also be using our existing records to assist in the management of the COVID-19
pandemic. This means that your details (name, contact number and time and date of your visit) will be
given to public health officials in the event that it is required for contact tracing.
Please remember to wear your mask to your appointment.
Thank you for following our instructions carefully, we look forward to seeing you.